Partners & Links
Wedding Planners and Party Suppliers
Polpier House - Mevagissey
An absolutely stunning property on the edge of Mevagissey, providing breath taking views down the valley to the harbour and out to sea. This is a perfect venue to host a wedding, dream holiday or the party to end all parties.
With a great team in place to make you stay as memorable as possible it really is worth a look.
See for yourselves at www.polpier.co.uk
Brilliant Food Finds
Nicky & Tom - Nicky Grant, Patissiere & Chocolatier - The ultimate website for all chocolate lovers. We’ve been lucky enough to host several tastings alongside this fantastic couple, who make luxurious truffles and cakes from their home in Cornwall. Their caramel and seasalt truffles are legendary, and we usually manage to make off with a bag or two....
Thomas Hansen - ‘The Cheeseman’ - Passionate, knowledgeable and a lot of fun, Thomas is a regular at our various events and tastings. Known simply as ‘The Cheeseman’ at the top hotels and restaurants in Cornwall, the back of Thomas’ van is a treasure-trove of the finest cheeses from Cornwall and the rest of the world.
Helen Venning - Newlyn Cheese and Charcuterie - This tiny shop in the fishing village of Newlyn has fast become a local institution. Pick up cheeses, freshly baked bread, olives, pâtés and charcuterie for a perfect picnic on the way to the Minack Theatre.
Vicky Harford - Vicky’s Bread - Fabulous bread baked fresh and delivered across Cornwall every day. The sourdough is delicious. Listen out for Vicky’s popular bread-making courses, which always fill up quickly. Vicky & husband David run the truly excellent 'Village Stores' in Helford - a foodie haven in a beautiful setting.
Paul Trudgian - Fish for Thought - Committed to sustainable sourcing, Fish for Thought is a family-run business delivering the freshest Cornish seafood. As well as serving some of the country’s finest restaurants, Fish for Thought is also one of the best online food producers supplying the public.
Richard Kittow - Kittow's Butchers - Cornwall’s finest deli and butcher now delivers nationwide. This is a fifth-generation family business still based around the farm, where quality and animal welfare are of the utmost importance. Call into the deli in Fowey to explore a great range of speciality products.
Our Favourite Reads
- Matching Food and Wine, by Fiona Beckett - Recently re-vamped, and with free access to so very many good ideas, this is great inspiration.
- Pasties and Cream, Cornwall Blog by Ismay Atkins - Ismay not only covers food and drink but anything and everything that interests her, and it’s all good stuff.
- The Good Cornwall Guide - Great guide to the many truly special spots this side of the Tamar.
- Wine, naturally, by Fiona Beckett - First port of call for all things on the ‘natural’ spectrum in the wine world. We just don’t understand how this lady finds the time....
- Articles, Anthony Rose - Browse the latest articles and archives from Anthony's musings for Decanter, The Wine Gang and The Independent. One of our favourite wine writers, we think Anthony pitches it just right.
- Jancis Robinson, Latest News - Consistently enthralling copy, including restaurants reviews, recommendations, events diary and all the latest wine world debates.
People & organisations we like
- Real Wine Fair/Month – A month long promotion aimed at championing organic/biodynamic winegrowers who also employ a minimal intervention approach in the winery. Restaurants across the country will be serving ‘real wines’ by the glass throughout the month to generate consumer interest and the highlight of the month will be the Real Wine Fair in London 20th – 22nd May.
- RAW – Running alongside the Real Wine Fair, RAW is another break-away movement generated from the Natural Wine Fair in 2011. Headed by Isabelle Legeron, RAW boasts strict entry criteria and an exciting line-up of talks and food opportunities.
- The Natural Wedding Company - A great resource for all brides/bridegrooms to be who might be looking for something a little different for their big day. From dresses, venues, florists and caterers, the Natural Wedding Company is a directory of companies with excellent sustainable/vintage/bespoke credentials.
- Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange - Bringing dynamic exhibitions featuring international artists to two fantastic venues in Cornwall, as well as nurturing contemporary Cornish talent. Each gallery has a cafe, where you can drink our wines and soak up the atmosphere.
- Experience Holidays - Tailor-made and bespoke holiday specialists - Like choosing a great wine, a great holiday needs the assistance of someone who knows the places you are thinking of, and who has actually seen the views and driven the miles. As you sip your wine, why not contact this inspiring holiday specialist to take you to where it grows?
- ID Internet Marketing - The brilliant Nikki Davis works with us to help organise our website. Her jargon-free approach has been a breath of fresh air.
- The Soil Association - The UK's leading membership charity campaigning for healthy, humane and sustainable food, farming and land use.
- Shelterbox - Fantastic charity we truly admire. Based in Cornwall, this dynamic organisation provide emergency shelter and life saving supplies for families affected by disasters around the world.
- Mylor Yacht Club - Located in a beautiful part of Cornwall (an Area of Oustanding Natural Beauty), Mylor Yalcht Club is a friendly and active club and a great access point for those interested in all aspects of yachting and boating.