Welcome to EW Wines |

Got a question 01726 825255

Free Next Day Delivery

Order by 12pm, Free on orders over £150

Feefo Reviews
4.7 out of 5 stars

We're rated as "Excellent"

With over 15 customer reviews

Spend £150.00 or more for Free Shipping

Standard Shipping: £5.95

Previous Next

Chateau Cheval Blanc 2008, St Emilion 1er Grand Cru Classe

BDX039

£500.00

Quick Overview

Notes of forest floor, Asian plum sauce, black currants, sweet cherries and spice are followed by a medium to full-bodied wine with deep fruit, admirable purity, and a long, textured finish. There is not a hard edge to this wine, and in all likelihood, it can be drunk now or cellared for two decades. (Robert Parker, Wine Advocate (194), May 2011)

description

Details

Château Cheval Blanc produces the most iconic Cabernet Franc-based wine in the world. This 1er Grand Cru Classé wine is the leading estate in St Emilion, located on the right bank of the Gironde in Bordeaux and bordering Pomerol. Cheval Blanc’s neighbours include Chateau L'Evangile, which is owned by Chateau Lafite Rothschild. Cabernet Franc accounts for 58% of the vines, with Merlot occupying the remaining 42% of the vineyards. The average age of vines is over 40 years old, which reduces yields but produces wines of exceptional quality. Fermentation and maceration takes place over 4 weeks in stainless steel vats, followed by 18 months’ maturation in new oak barrels.

Though the 2008 vintage was small, the harvest took place in excellent conditions. Each parcel was harvested at optimal ripeness. The Merlot was very good, and the Cabernet exceptional.

“Beautiful ruby-red colour, fringed with Mauve tints. A wine with a very good intensity of colour. Heady and clean with black fruit flavours dominating. On the palate, the wine is plump and concentrated with a great deal of softness. This signals a balance between concentration and elegance.The finish is lengthy and its freshness prolonged.” www.chateau-cheval-blanc.com

Robert Parker, Wine Advocate (194), May 2011)

"The 2008 Cheval Blanc (55% Merlot and 45% Cabernet Franc) is a winner from this underrated, classic vintage. Notes of forest floor, Asian plum sauce, black currants, sweet cherries and spice are followed by a medium to full-bodied wine with deep fruit, admirable purity, and a long, textured finish. There is not a hard edge to this wine, and in all likelihood, it can be drunk now or cellared for two decades."

additional

We aim to keep our vintage information up to date but the vintage displayed may not always being the vintage in stock. If you require a specific vintage please get in touch.
Allergens No
Biodynamic No
Organic No
Natural No
Grape No
Vegan No
Oak Levels No
Vegetarian No
Vintage No
ABV No
Bottle Size No
Country France
EW Bin Number BDX039

Feefo Reviews

Feefo Reviews - Average 0% (0 reviews)

This product has no reviews yet.

Product Tags

Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.

Back to Top